FEUC’s are renewed through the primary licence holder who is in possession of the Firearm Users Licence for Business (FULB).
The renewal process is outlined below
- - The company is advised to submit a list of all their armed security guards with their renewal documents for processing (a new company would be informed of this procedure both orally and in writing). This includes the renewal form along with a copy of the current licence fee certificate, PSRA card/receipt, and the user’s (employee’s) certificate, which are presented to the CEO.
- - The CEO peruses all required documents to ensure that they are current and the correct signatures are affixed.
- - The fee to be paid is calculated as a FLAT rate for each security guard (which accounts for one firearm), plus a further flat fee for each additional firearm. Those in police custody, stolen or disposed are not renewed.
- - The section of the renewal form that states ‘For FLA use only’ is completed and signed by the CEO. The form is then stamped, ‘Approved for Renewal’. The list of guards is generated and sent to the Accounts Unit showing the amount to be paid.
- - The renewal form and a copy of the licence fee certificate are given to the company’s representative who is advised to make payment at the authorized FLA cashier.