All licence holders are required by law to complete Recertification every five (5) years. On the day of the visit to the FLA the holder will be required to submit the following documents:
- - One (1) Application Form (FLA001A). This form is to be completed and signed by ALL applicants. A valid secure email address MUST be written on the form.
- - One (1) passport photograph [solid background]. (Applicable only to licenced firearm holders who do not have a photo on the FLA database)
- Two (2) Recommendations from any two (2) of the following categories of persons:
- - Minister of Religion (must be a Marriage Officer)
- - Justice of the Peace
- - Gazetted Rank Police Officer (not below the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)
- - Member of the JDF (Major and above)
- - Member of Parliament
- - Attorney-at-law
- - Medical Doctor
- - Resident Magistrate
N.B. All recommendations are to be addressed to the Firearm Licensing Authority.
- - Completed Declaration of Secure Location to Store Firearm Form (D019).
- - Fingerprint Receipt (Conditional).
- Provide any one (1) of the following Proof of Address (original and copy) that is no more than three (3) months old:
- - Utility Bill
- - Bank Statement; or
- - Letter from an established organization