GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA
FIREARM LICENSING AUTHORITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of SECRETARY (OPS/SS 2) for the Human Resource Management and Development Unit of the Kingston Office:
- To provide general secretarial support services and related administrative duties to facilitate the smooth functioning of the Unit.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Shorthand skills of 80 wpm
- Typing skills of 40 wpm
- Excellent knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Good Communication skills, both orally and written
- Good time management and organizing skills
- Good knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good use of initiative
Minimum Required Qualification
- Four (4) subjects at GCE O’Level/CXC inclusive of English Language and Mathematics.
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution.
- Three (3) years’ related experience.
- Experience working in a Human Resource environment would be an asset.
Applicants who meet the above stated criteria are asked to submit applications to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
Firearm Licensing Authority
91A Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
The Firearm Licensing Authority (FLA) – Promoting Firearm Safety and Responsibility.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED