- Created: Monday, 08 April 2019 14:05
GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA
FIREARM LICENSING AUTHORITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of FIREARM EXAMINATION OFFICER (GMG/AM 4) for the Kingston Office:
- Conduct a programme of certification or de-certification of applicants, Firearm Instructors, Firearm Ranges and Practical Firearm Training Courses.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Administers the Firearm Examination.
- Inform applicants of result and updates the Authority’s database.
- Reviews applicationfor certification from Firearm Instructors, process applications and inform applicants.
- Monitors practical Firearm Training Courses to ensure adherence to standards and guidelines, which have been set by the Authority.
- Monitors Gun Clubs and approved Firearm ranges to ensure adherence to standards set by the Authority.
- Conduct inspection of private security companies firearm vaults on behalf of the Authority to ensure that the proper security standards are being met.
- Monitors adherence to the procedures set governing the sale of ammunition by private dealers.
- Liaise with customers, government ministries, department and agencies and the private sector organizations to disseminate information and gain customer feedback.
- Review customer comments and suggestions relieved and respond to issues raised.
- Prepared weekly, monthly and quarterly performance report and statistics.
- Contribute to the development of the corporate plan and budget to ensure the department targets and objectives are reflected.
- Communicate with members of the public on Authority policies and practices and relevant legislation.
- Advise and respond to customer enquires related to new registrations and legislation administered by the office. Instruct customer service as to correct format and content of documents to be submitted.
- Design and administer customer questionnaires, survey and polls to gain feedback on Authority services and identify areas for improvement.
Position entails occasional performance of assignments which require much road commute.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good management skills.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Good analytical skills and sound judgement.
- Good time management skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Knowledge of the Firearm Act and related issues
- Ability to work under pressure.
Minimum Required Qualification
- Bachelors Degree in Management Studies or equivalent qualification/training.
- Three (3) years related experience
- Qualified Firearm Instructor.
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A BACKGROUND SECURITY CHECK.
Applicants who meet the above stated criteria are asked to submit applications to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
Firearm Licensing Authority
91A Old Hope Road, Kingston 5
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED