- Created: Monday, 08 April 2019 13:58
GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA
FIREARM LICENSING AUTHORITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of INVESTIGATOR (GMG SEG1) for the Kingston Office:
Conducts the Authority’s programme of investigation.
- Accurate investigation reports
- Timely delivery of investigation reports
- Successful collaboration with the Jamaica Constabulary Force
- Investigation progress reports
Key Responsibilities Areas
- Liaise with customers, Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies and Private Sector Organizations to access information and gain customer feedback.
- Reviews customer comments and suggestions received and respond to issues raised accordingly
- Prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports and statistics
- Contributes to the development of the corporate plan and budget to ensure the Department’s targets and objectives are reflected
- Communicates with members of the public on the Authority’s policies and practices and relevant legislations
- Work volume targets; daily, weekly and monthly deadlines are met
- Reports and data produced are accurate and complete
- Customer queries and issues are responded to within agreed timescales in accordance with the Authority’s policies and procedures
- Customers express satisfaction with the service received
- Authority’s policies and procedures are adhered to
- Confidentiality and integrity are exercised.
Work is performed in a standard office environment and field work which requires extensive travelling.
- Good analytical skills and sound judgement
- Excellent knowledge of customer relations
- Good knowledge of the Firearms Act
- Good knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Management Studies or related qualification
- Three (3) years related experience
- Training in the conduct of security investigation
- Experience doing fieldwork (e.g. investigating/social work/ revenue agent/insurance sales etc)
- Own /operate a reliable motor vehicle
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A BACKGROUND SECURITY CHECK.
Applicants who meet the above stated criteria are asked to submit applications to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
Firearm Licensing Authority
91A Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
The Firearm Licensing Authority (FLA) – Promoting Firearm Safety and Responsibility.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED