- Created: Monday, 19 November 2018 06:31
GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA
FIREARM LICENSING AUTHORITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of SENIOR SECRETARY - INVESTIGATIONS (OPS/SS3) for the Kingston Office:
- To supervise the provision of general secretaries support services and related administrative duties to facilitate the smooth functioning of the department.
- Correspondence, reports, memos and miscellaneous documents typed.
- Agendas and minutes of meetings prepared.
- Mails distributed.
- Standard documents drafted.
- Filing systems maintained.
- Telephones calls screened and routed.
Key Responsibilities Areas
- Type reports, official correspondence and other miscellaneous documents.
- Draft standard type letters and routine correspondence.
- Prepared meeting Agendas and take minutes.
- Received and process incoming mail for the department to facilitate easy access.
- Action routine correspondence in accordance with guidelines given.
- Develop and maintain filing systems for the department as advised
- Received and make telephone calls for the department.
- Set and confirm appointments and make necessary arrangements and preparations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director.
Authority (decision the post holder has the power to make or recommend)
- Make appointments for Director
- Access confidential information
- Screen calls and visitors
- Documents and correspondence are accurately neatly typed in accordance with Authority standards.
- Stipulated deadlines are consistently met.
- Files are easy to retrieve.
- Incoming mail received is and processed and distributed to appropriate persons.
- Appointments for interview and meetings are made and relevant papers and files are prepared.
- Appointments dairies are maintained and appointments scheduled.
- Tasks are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Attendance and punctuality are consistently good.
- Harmonious relations are maintained with staff members and external contacts.
- Confidentiality and integrity are exercised.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment.
- Excellent knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good time management skills
- Well organized with an eye for detail
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to maintain integrity
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook)
- Typing skills of 40 wpm
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Five (5) CXC including English, Mathematics and Accounts
- Certificate in or experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration or Mass Communication
- Secretarial Diploma from a recognized institution
- Three years’ related experience
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A BACKGROUND SECURITY CHECK.
Applicants who meet the above stated criteria are asked to submit applications to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
Firearm Licensing Authority
91A Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
The Firearm Licensing Authority (FLA) – Promoting Firearm Safety and Responsibility.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED