- Created: Thursday, 18 October 2018 20:07
GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA
FIREARM LICENSING AUTHORITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of PROCUREMENT SECRETARY (OPS/SS 2)for the Kingston Office:
- Reporting to the Manager, Procurement and Office Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing general secretarial support services and related administrative duties, to facilitate the smooth functioning of the Procurement and Office Services Unit.
- Correspondence, reports, memos and miscellaneous documents typed.
- Goods/Services ordered
- Mails distributed.
- Standard documents drafted.
- Filing systems maintained.
- Telephones calls screened and routed.
Key Responsibilities Areas
- Type reports, official correspondence and other miscellaneous documents.
- Received and process incoming mail for the Unit to facilitate easy access.
- Action routine correspondence in accordance with guidelines given.
- Develop and maintain filing systems for the Unit as advised
- Received and make telephone calls for the Unit.
- Set and confirm appointments and make necessary arrangements and preparations.
- Works closely with the Procurement and Office Manager to ensure that the Authority’s needs are being met regarding the acquisition of furniture, equipment and office supplies.
- Maintains a system and procedure for the accurate classification and coding of goods and services as instructed by the Manager.
- Maintains lists of qualified suppliers as instructed by the Procurement and Office Manager.
- Identifies and records each item of furniture, equipment, and other assets as instructed by the Procurement and Office Manager.
- Maintains Location and Master Inventory Charts, and affixes Location Charts in individual offices and other pertinent areas as instructed by the Procurement and Office Manager.
- Prepares a Master Inventory Record of all assets owned by the Authority in categorical order, comprising date of items purchased and location.
- Prepares list of furniture for Board of Survey; removes items from Location and Master Inventory Records, and records the transfer of items from offices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Procurement and Office Manager
Authority (decision the post holder has the power to make or recommend)
- Make appointments for Manager
- Access confidential information
- Screen calls and visitors
- Order goods/services
- Documents and correspondence are accurately neatly typed in accordance with Authority standards.
- Stipulated deadlines are consistently met.
- Inventory files are consistently accurate
- Files are easy to retrieve.
- Incoming mail received is and processed and distributed to appropriate persons.
- Appointments are made and relevant documents and files are prepared.
- Appointments dairies are maintained and appointments scheduled.
- Tasks are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Attendance and punctuality are consistently good.
- Harmonious relations are maintained with staff members and external contacts.
- Confidentiality and integrity are exercised.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment.
- Knowledge of procurementpractices and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good time management and organizing skills
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Four (4) subjects at GCE O’Level/CXC inclusive of English Language, Principles of Accounts and mathematics.
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized intuition.
- Three (3) years’ experienceoperating in a procurement environment.
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A BACKGROUND SECURITY CHECK.
Applicants who meet the above stated criteria are asked to submit applications to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
Firearm Licensing Authority
91A Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
The Firearm Licensing Authority (FLA) – Promoting Firearm Safety and Responsibility.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED