- Created: Friday, 06 July 2018 16:13
GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA
FIREARM LICENSING AUTHORITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of SECRETARY (OPS/SS2) for the Regional Office:
To provide general secretarial support services and related administrative duties to facilitate the smooth functioning of the Department/Office.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Type reports, official correspondence and other miscellaneous documents.
- Draft standard type letters and routine correspondence.
- Prepare meeting agendas and take minutes.
- Receive and process incoming mails for the department to facilitate easy access.
- Action routine correspondence in accordance with guidelines given.
- Develop and maintain filing systems for the department as advised.
- Receive and make telephone calls for the department.
- Set and confirm appointments and make necessary arrangements and preparations.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Shorthand skills of 80 wpm
- Typing skills of 40 wpm
- Excellent knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Good Communication skills both orally and written
- Good time management and organizing skills
- Good knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Minimum Required Qualification
- Four (4) subjects at GCE O’Level/CXC inclusive of English Language and Mathematics.
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years’ related experience
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A BACKGROUND SECURITY CHECK.
Applicants who meet the above stated criteria are asked to submit applications to:
The Manager, Human Resource Management & Development
Firearm Licensing Authority
91A Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
The Firearm Licensing Authority (FLA) – Promoting Firearm Safety and Responsibility.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED