This process allows the holder of a firearm licence/permit to relinquish his/her legal authority to carry and or use a specific firearm.
- Applicant visits Firearm Dealer and collects the Firearm Disposal Permit Form. Applicant can also download form from the FLA’’s Website.
- Applicant completes relevant sections of form i.e. Sections A, B and C.
- Applicant submits form, Firearm, Licence card and Ammunition to the Firearm Dealer.
- Firearm and Ammunition is placed in safekeeping by the Dealer for collection by the Firearm Licensing Authority.
- Firearm Licensing Authority processes request.