The Firearm Trainer Certification is a licence authorizing the holder to legally solicit firearm training services in Jamaica. Applicants interested in applying for Firearm Training Certification MUST be a licenced firearm holder.
The Firearm Trainer Certification application form may be downloaded from the link below or collected at any of our offices across the island.
A single application form should be completed in the Applicant’s own handwriting and delivered to any FLA Office with following supporting documents:
Required documents for Firearm Training Certification are outlined below:
- - One (1) Application Form (FLA013)
- - Two (02) Passport Pictures (Must be certified by a JP)
- - Proof of Age (copy of birth certificate or passport)
- - Fingerprint Receipt
- - Licence Fee Receipt
- - Proof of Trainer Certification from reputable organisation(s) [optional]
- - Proof of Income
- - First Aid Certificate (must not be expired)
- - Have at least three (3) years’ experience handling firearms (e.g JDF & JCF Personnel). If the applicant is not a member of the JDF or JCF he / she must be a firearm holder for at least three (3) years
- - Justification letter stating the reason for the application.
Method of Submission
All application Form(s) and supporting documents are to be submitted directly to the Firearm Licensing Authority at any of our locations across the island. Applications may be submitted in person or by registered mail.
All applicants are required to be fingerprinted on the day of interview. The date of the interview will be scheduled for up to the 10th working day (excluding weekends and public holidays) after receipt of the application by the FLA. Fingerprint Receipt is to be obtained at any office of the Inland Revenue Department (Tax Office).
Licence Fee Requirements
Licence Fee Receipt(s) is to be obtained at the Firearm Licensing Authority. Debit Card, Credit Card and cash transactions are accepted at the FLA. The application fee will be calculated per firearm that the company plans to own.
Recommendations and Authorization Letters issued more than 6 months prior to the submission of the application will NOT be accepted.