The denial appeal process begins when an applicant has been denied and wishes to have a review of the application. The law allows for an appeal to be made up to twenty-one (21) days after the denial package has been signed for and received by the applicant. After twenty-one days, an applicant would have to wait two (2) years before they are able to reapply for a firearm licence.
The revocation appeal process begins when a holder has received a revocation notice and wishes to have a review of this decision. Under section 37 and 37A of the Firearm Act of 1967 an appeal can be made within twenty-one (21) days of receipt of this notice.
Appeal Application Process
The applicant must submit the following documents to the Receptionist at FLA:
- Completed application for review of Denial/Revocation Form
- One (1) passport sized photograph
- Appeal fee payment
- Any other document that the applicant believes will aid his/her appeal application.
- - Firearm Licensing Authority processes request.
- - Applicant is advised of the outcome of the request.